Why you will be missed…
- Because you were a first glimmer of hope for any creditable Jaguar enthusiast after a great many, very dark years.
- Because your crisp, Ian Callum style lines – albeit still fairly conservatively executed – were nothing short of a relief after years and years of doughy blobs.
- Because you always were a decent drive.
- Because you were the first Jaguar in ages that was more appealing than what the German competition had to offer.
- Because a competent facelift kept you from appearing like some undignified pensioner (one lesson you learned from your grandfather, the E-type, who was kept on life support far too long).
- Because you still are more appealing than any modern Mercedes SL.
- Because your high performance derivatives served so well as testbeds for the F-type.
- Because you hereby prove that you won’t outstay your welcome.
- Because you were the car that gave me hope that all was not lost for Jaguar when I saw you for the first time in the aluminium, at the 2005 IAA.