This follows up my earlier article asking for readers’ fantasy garage criteria.
I suppose it’s only fair to have a stab myself.
These criteria don’t have to apply at once.
1) It must have advanced the car designer’s craft (the visuals) in some way, hopefully in a way others could detect.
2) It must have a clearly appreciable ride-handling agenda.
3) Good steering will rank highly on my selection but that could mean communicative or easy.
4) A rare variant of a more common car appeals. Often such cars have extra visual charm that makes them markedly different from their ordinary relatives.
5) A notably excellent interior in terms of form, colour or material will catch my attention.
6) A single or several engineering advances which may be qualitatively or quantitatively notable. That could mean a step-change in one attribute or a great balance of several incremental changes.
If this list of criteria is any good it ought to apply to my existing fleet of fantasy cars.